What is Systems Architecting?
System architects play an integrating role between many specialized engineers and other stakeholders during the creation of new systems. The role of system architect requires a broad set of skills. This course (SESA 6202) focuses at the less technical a spe cts of systems architecting. The program is based on one of the basic working methods of an architect: viewpoint hopping. The course
addresses systems architecting from ten different viewpoints with time boxes of about half day.
Course held by: Professor Gerrit Muller
USN Systems Engineering Program
During the course we address the following questions
1. How does systems architecting fit in the organization and its processes?
2.What are deliverables, responsibilities and activities of the system architect?
3. How to elicit requirements?
4. What methods, tools and techniques are available for the architect?
5. How to harvest synergy?
6. What is the role of software in complex systems?
7. How to structure and manage documentation?
8. How to present to less technical management teams?
9. What human factors impact systems architecting?
10. How to apply this material in the own organization, short term and long term